Friday, March 30, 2012

By Starlight... (Smashing Pumpkins)

By Starlight

Good evening!
 How have you been? I've been working on my drawings for the coming exhibitions with PRISMA Artist Collective and listening to Smashing Pumpkins non-stop. If you read this blog, you know how much in love I am with their music, so I'll spare you. I, being very unorganised and spontaneous, couldn't resist making a couple of drawings based on the songs that have been accompanying these two weeks of mine.

On a more self-advertising note, don't forget to pay a visit to my shop, please, and if you like what's in it, spread the word, I'll be very thankful!
x
Daria

Annie-dog
Cupid de Locke

12 comments:

  1. Wow! Brilliantly amazing work, and I think these drawings really fit with the Smashing Pumpkin's songs, amazing! Your style is so great, what do you use for these drawings?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This artist should be involved creating artwork for the Smashing Pumpkins' new albums and releases. That would be great. Unfortunately I heard that the artwork for Oceania, the album coming out in June is already finished. But what about subsequent ones?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! thanks! I'd love to be involved, but have no idea how. would be a dream, actually. Anyway, the fans' comments really mean a lot and if you think my drawings suit the SP style, that's the greatest compliment :)
    Also, Maia, I use black artist's pens.
    xxx
    Daria

    ReplyDelete
  4. really love your music "things"! excellent work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daria,

    I was wondering if you'd be opposed to me getting your "By Starlight" art as a tattoo in the near future. I was thinking about getting some of the MCIS booklet art done as a half sleeve, but your art would seem a lot more intimate and unique. It's beautiful.

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  6. not at all, Jordan. I'd love that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your drawings are so beautiful.. just found your work via twitter. love all these songs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You might be dis-organized, but you make up for it in sheer talent!

    ReplyDelete